The World Press Institute (WPI) offers fellowships for journalists. Since 1962, WPI has been providing this fellowship to journalists from different countries of the world. Experienced journalists from Bangladesh and other countries can apply for this fellowship.
Becoming a WPI Fellow is a competitive process. Every year hundreds of talented journalists apply for 10 slots. Through which journalists from different countries are getting a chance to learn about the United States.
* Will pay program-related travel within the United States, including round-trip airfare.
* Accommodation will be provided.
* Will provide a modest daily allowance for food.
* Must have at least 5 years of full-time employment in journalism.
* Photojournalists, cartoon editors, columnists and broadcast producers will also be considered eligible.
* Those who supervise journalists, if they have at least five years as working journalists, will also be considered eligible.
* Any journalism-related work done as a university student will not count as experience in this field. Those who have worked in public relations or in organizations whose primary focus is not media will also not be considered eligible.
* Must be a non-US journalist currently working outside the US.
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
* Must possess leadership potential.
Applications for the World Press Institute Fellowship Program-2024 will open on December 1, 2023 and close on February 15, 2024.
Application can be made online.